Republican Unitary Enterprise “Belarusian National Reinsurance Organization” is the first specialized reinsurance organization in the Republic of Belarus.
State Enterprise was established by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus dated 4th November, 2006 #1463 according to the Decree of the President of the Republic of Belarus dated 25th August, 2006 #530 “On Insurance Operations”.
SUE “Belarusian National Reinsurance Organization” in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Belarus is the sole company which cooperates with foreign insurance and reinsurance organizations on reinsurance of risks, insured on the territory of the Republic of Belarus.
AIM: development of the national system of reinsurance and implementation of state policy aimed at provision of reinsurance protection of state economic interests and also property interests of home and foreign legal entities and individuals.
CORE FUNCTIONS, DEFINED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS:
– Activity on reinsurance only;
– Control over reinsurance contracts concluded between insurance organizations of the Republic of Belarus and other insurance companies.
The establishment of the reinsurance organization involves:
– the development of the modern reinsurance infrastructure in the Republic of Belarus;
– increase of the reliability level, competitiveness and efficiency of the Belarusian Insurance Market;
– provision of guaranteed insurance protection from possible losses to the enterprises of the Republic of Belarus ;
– increase of financial stability and solvency of the state insurance organizations ;
– consolidation of Belarusian Insurance Companies for the establishment of the joint reinsurance capacity of the Republic;
– development of mutually beneficial international cooperation in the reinsurance sphere;
– formation in the Republic of Belarus of reinsurance business of the international standards, attraction of investments to the Republic of Belarus;